Thursday, September 9, 2010

Reflections and Waterdrops

Immediately following a rainfall, out I went with my camera and macro lens.  The intensity in the drops made it hard to resist.  So many drops and which one do you choose?
Sitting on the dock at a cottage on Lake Muskoka, camera in hand, trying to capture dragonflies as they flew by when the bubbles caught my attention.  Slight adjustments in curves in photoshop altering the colour.  Every time I look at this shot I see something different.
The fascinating thing about shots like this is that it is a moment in time never to be repeated or replicated.  Each drop looks like it contains its own little universe, changing as gravity pulls them together to create another larger droplet with a whole new set of reflections.
Every photographer  strives to  make a "selfie" this to me contains so many elements that describe my passion for cameras and cars and reflections.  Some of the droplets contain many different portions of the shot.

1 comment:

Stephanie Maxwell said...

Wow, Such beautiful pictures. Interesting how you caught the moment before the bubble must have burst! And the slow crawl of the raindrops down the leaf - good way to stop time.